Please note, you are entering into a legally binding agreement.
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://webother.co.uk ("our site") and our native smartphone application which will be available for downloaded in due course ("our app").
Who we are and how to contact us
Our site and our app are operated by Boxwize Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12117479 and have our registered office at Grand Union Studios, 332 Ladbroke Grove, London, United Kingdom, W10 5AD. Our VAT number is 337433990.You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Boxwize TA Bother, GU4.14, Grand Union Buildings, 332 Ladbroke Grove, London, W10 5AD
By using our site or our app you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site or our app.
There are other terms that may apply to you
If you purchase products from our site, our Terms and Conditions will apply to the sales.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site or our app, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 7th April 2020.
We may make changes to our site and our app
We may update and change our site and our app from time to time. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site and our app
Our site and our app are made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site or our app, or any content, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site and app for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
How you may use material on our site or our app
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and our app, and in the material published on them. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site and our app for your personal use.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site and our app must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site or our app for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on our site or our app
The content on our site and our app is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site or our app.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site and our app, we make no promises and provide no assurances that the content on our site or our app is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site or app contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions.
Please note that we only provide our site and app for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site or our app for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
We will only use your personal information as set out in our here.
You may use our site and app for lawful purposes only. You may not use our site or our app:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site or app in contravention of the provisions of these terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site or our app;
- any equipment or network on which our site or app is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site or our app; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Breach of these terms
When we consider that a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the 'Prohibited Uses' section above constitutes a material breach of these terms and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and our app.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs, on a full compensation basis (including reasonable administrative and legal costs), resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site or our app will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site and our app. You should use your own virus protection software.
Rules about linking to our site or our app
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site or our app in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site and our app must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site or app other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site or our app other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Sale Terms and Conditions
1. These terms
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
2.1 Who we are. We are Boxwize Ltd a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 12117479 and our registered office is at Grand Union Studios, 332 Ladbroke Grove, London, United Kingdom, W10 5AD. Our registered VAT number is 337433990.
2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at email@example.com or contacting us using our on-site chat function or Facebook Messenger.
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
3. Your order
3.1 How we will accept your order. We will send you an initial acknowledgement of your order by email but it is not until we provide our acceptance that a contract will come into existence. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we dispatch your order. We will notify you of our acceptance by email and we will confirm this on the order page in your account, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
3.2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this via email, which will also be confirmed on the order page in your account and we will not charge you for the products. This might be because a product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of a product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
3.3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
3.4 We only deliver to England, Scotland and Wales. Our website and our app are solely for the promotion of our products in England, Scotland and Wales. Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses in Northern Ireland or anywhere outside the UK.
4. Our right to make substitutions. When a product you have ordered is unavailable we will attempt to deliver a suitable substitute, unless you have asked us not to. We will let you know by email about any proposed substitutions, which you will have the opportunity to decline before a specified cut-off time.
5. Providing the products
5.1 Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website or our app.
5.2 When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you.
5.3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
5.4 If you are not at home when we try to deliver. You will receive an email on the day before and on the day we deliver, outlining the delivery window. If you are not going to be in at the time of delivery, you can nominate an alternative date for delivery or an alternative delivery drop-off location i.e. a nominated safe space, a neighbour, or a DPD pick up location. Due to a new DPD policy, if you miss your delivery on the first attempt, your order will likely be sent to your local DPD pick-up shop for collection. If you're not going to be in on the day of your delivery, we'd advise you to re-schedule your delivery using DPD's platform here. If you are not at home or the delivery to the nominated drop-off location fails when we try to deliver, we will send you a 'we were unable to deliver' email.
6. Your rights to end the contract
6.1 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (c) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are: we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed; there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control; you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
6.2 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
6.3 When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of: products which deteriorate quickly; products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; and any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
6.4 How long do I have to change my mind? You have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods.
7. How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
7.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following: Email. Email customer services on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. On-site chat. Use our on-site chat function to speak to a member of our team. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. Facebook Messenger. Contact us via Facebook Messenger to speak to a member of our team. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
Online. Complete the form (see bottom of this document) on our website or our app.
7.2 Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, please contact us using one of the above methods and we will confirm next steps.
7.3 When we will pay the costs of return. If you are required to return products, we will pay the costs of return: if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the products or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong. In all other circumstances where you are required to return the products (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
7.4 What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
7.5 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the refund, to reflect any reduction in the value of the products. The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
7.6 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then: if we require the products to be returned and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 7.2. in all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
8. Our rights to end the contract
8.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for products at any time by writing to you if: your payment does not go through at the point we try to charge you; you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you; or where you have committed, or we reasonably suspect that you have committed, fraud or any other criminal offence in relation to your purchase of our products.
8.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in Clause 8.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
9. If there is a problem with a product
While we will always work to ensure that product information on our website is accurate and kept updated, please be aware that manufacturers can often make changes to product information and/or packaging without prior notice. We do not accept responsibility where a product's packaging is different than shown on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please do get in touch with our Customer Care team, or, contact the manufacturer.
9.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about a product, please contact us using one of the above contact methods
9.2 Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the products. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following: [See also Clause 6.2.] Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund. Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases. Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
9.3 Returning rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must contact us using the above contact methods and we will let you know what to do next.
10. Price and payment
10.1 Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see Clause 10.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
10.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
10.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting and dispatching your order so that, where the product's correct price at the acceptance date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at the acceptance date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
10.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with ShopPay, Google Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay or all major credit or debit cards. You must provide your payment details for the products as part of the ordering process, and we will charge you for the products at the point that we accept and dispatch them.
11. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
11.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
11.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at Clause 9.2.
11.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
12. How we may use your personal information
13. Other important terms
13.1 Restricted Products - Alcohol
At Bother we passionately believe in bringing quality bulky household essentials to our customers’ door conveniently, at a great price and with impeccable service.
As a retailer we take our responsibility with respect to alcohol sales, deliveries and consumption very seriously while recognising that in most cases the purchase of alcohol is a normal part of households’ monthly grocery requirement. We further recognise that most of our customers enjoy alcohol in moderation and as part of a balanced diet.
- We will not sell alcohol to anyone who isn't 18 years old or over. By placing an order you confirm that you (and the recipient) are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this. The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when we accept your order and process payment.
- If you decide to choose an alternative delivery method such as leave in a safe space, or leave with your neighbour, please be aware that you're agreeing to accept full responsibility of the package should anything untoward occur, such as loss or damage. If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID.
- Exceptions: Orders containing spirits: Please note that for orders containing spirits we ask that deliveries are signed for (at your home, work or other convenient address).
The “NHS Live Well – Alcohol” site (www.nhs.uk/livewell/alcohol) contains useful tools to assist in monitoring alcohol consumption, low or no alcohol alternatives as well as hints and tips on cutting down.
Realising you have a problem with alcohol is the first step to getting better, but it's often the hardest one.
13.2 Restricted Products - Medicines
As a retailer we take our responsibility with respect to medicine sales, deliveries and consumption very seriously while recognising that in most cases the purchase of medicine is a normal part of households’ monthly grocery requirement. Sales are restricted to a maximum of 2 packets of a combination of any paracetamol, aspirin or ibuprofen based products in a single transaction.
If you are already using a medicine, remedy or other supplement, you should always ensure it is safe to start taking a new product alongside this. Always read the product information contained on the pack, as well as the patient information leaflet (if provided) before taking any medicine or similar product.
13.3 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
13.4 Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to submit the dispute for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
13.5 Minimum Product Life Expectancy
When purchasing a product at Bother, we will always aim to ensure you receive the maximum shelf life available to us. The minimum shelf life we will provide is 30 days, but generally, you'll see much longer shelf lives. Please be aware that the date displayed is the very minimum shelf life guaranteed by our suppliers.
Promotional Terms and Conditions
- 1. The Promotional code terms and conditions apply to promotional codes for use on webother.co.uk.
- 2. These Promotional Code Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with any conditions of use of the relevant promotion as set out in the Bother marketing communications or material. In the event of a conflict between the Promotional Code Terms and Conditions and the Individual Promotion Terms, the Individual Promotion Terms will prevail.
- 3. Minimum spend, new customer status, and other restrictions may apply as conditions of use of the promotional code. See the applicable Individual Promotion Terms for the specific restrictions that apply to a promotional code.
- 4. Any promotional code is only valid during the time range specified in the Individual Promotion Terms. Where a date is not given, there is no guarantee on the date of expiration for the promotional code and Bother reserves the right to expire such promotional codes at its sole discretion.
- 5. Any delivery charges will be calculated or recalculated once you have added any promotion code. The final delivery charge will be based upon this total basket value.
- 6. Unless otherwise specified in the Individual Promotion Terms:
- promotional codes cannot be used on existing and/or previously placed orders;
- only one promotional code can be redeemed per order;
- promotional codes cannot be used to purchase baby milk & formula
- promotional codes cannot be used to purchase alcohol and
- promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- 7. Promotional codes have no cash alternative and they are not transferable or assignable.
- 8. Promotional codes are subject to availability. Promotional codes may be withdrawn or amended by Bother without notice once any cap (as set out in the Individual Promotion Terms) has been reached.
- 9. Bother reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or remove promotional codes should viruses, bugs, tampering, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Bother, corrupt or hinder the administration, security or proper use of the promotional code. Promotional codes may be withdrawn or amended by Bother without notice once any cap (as set out in the Individual Promotion Terms) has been reached.
- 10. Bother reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel any promotional code (i) which has resulted from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any errors in any Individual Promotional Terms whether manifest or not) or (ii) where there have been errors in any aspect of the preparation of or distribution of materials for the promotional codes whether by Bother or its affiliates.
- 11. If you place an order using a promotional code and then return or cancel that order, the promotional code cannot be refunded or re-used.
- 12. If a user is creating multiple Bother accounts then Bother reserves the right to remove any promotions for which that user no longer qualifies.
- 13. Bother reserves the right to disqualify an order if the terms are not met and the promotion code is deemed invalid.
Last Published November 2021