As a species, we've been using ground flour since the Stone Age, and even though Matthews Cotswold Flour has been around for a little bit less time than that - 1912 to be exact - they're reliable when it comes to great quality flour for any and all purposes. This strong wholemeal flour will be perfect for budding bread bakers to get delicious brown breads and rolls every time.
Table of Nutrition
per 100g: Energy: 1318kJ/331kcal, Fat: 2.20g, of which is saturates: 0.30g, Monounsaturates: 0.30g, Polyunsaturates: 1.00g, Carbohydrate: 63.90g, of which is sugars: 2.10g, Starch: 61.80g, Fibre: 9.00g, Protein: 14.00g, Salt: 0.003g
Wholegrain WHEAT Flour
Preparation & Usage
- Place the dry ingredients & fat in a mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and add to bowl. Mix for 8-10 minutes on a slow speed.
- Cover and rest for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Knock back the risen dough and mould to the required shape.
- Prove in a warm place until loaves double in size (approx 1 hour).
- Bake at 220°C for 30-40 minutes, or until the base sounds hollow when tapped. Transfer it to a wire rack to cool.
Store in a cool dry place. For best before end: See top of pack